Parliamentary Service Commission
Applications are invited from suitably qualified people to fill in the following vacant post which exists in the Parliament of Malawi Establishment.
Vac. No. PSC/1/3/19
Job Title: Parliamentary Legal Counsel (Grade l/PO)
Reporting to: The Parliamentary Legal Counsel
To provide legal services to the National Assembly
- Assist in Drafting and scrutinizing proposed amendments to Government and Private members’ Bill;
- Assist in advising the Attorney General’s Office on litigation and Procedural matters affecting Parliament
- Provide legal advice and opinion on administrative, constitutional, criminal and all related matters;
- Prepare copies of Bills passed by the National Assembly for Assenting;
- Draft private members’ Bill and rules of Procedure;
- Assist in providing data to planning on activities of the legal section;
- Participating in carrying out research on legal issues pertinent to the operation of the legal section.
Qualifications and Experience
- Bachelor of Laws (Honours) Degree with at least one (1) year working experience.
- Must be admitted to the Bar.
Mode of Application
Interested persons who meet the above specifications should submit a written application letter with a copy of current Curriculum Vitae, naming three (3) traceable referees to address below not later than 26th July, 2019.
The Secretary, Parliamentary Service Commission, Parliament Building P/Bag B362, Lilongwe 3