Parliamentary Service Commission
[pms-restrict subscription-plans = “516, 517”]
Applications are invited from suitably qualified people to fill in the following vacant posts which exist in the Parliament of Malawi Establishment.
Vac. No. PSC/1/1/19
Job Title: Parliamentary Reporter (Grade I/PO)
Reporting to: Senior Parliamentary Reporter
To provide accurate, efficient and high quality word processing and transcription services for the production of the record of the House and its Committees.
- Produce transcript copies from Audio recordings in conformity with Hansard style;
- Provide high speed and accurate word processing and transcription services from audio recording in conformity with Hansard style;
- Monitor proceedings of the House/Committees and take shorthand notes to supplement the audio record;
- Obtain speech notes and written materials from Ministers or Members to assist in the production of the daily Hansard report;
- Proof reading and conducting first edit of stakes’ before submitting to the editors; • Edit and collation of the Hansard Index;
- Insert corrections made by the Editors to the transcript of proceedings and merge documents as required; and
- Provide clerical support services to the division and secretarial support services to senior officers.
Qualifications and Experience
- At least a Diploma in Secretarial Studies from a recognised Institution with proven ability to take verbatim shorthand (120 words per minute) notes accurately at rapid speed;
- Excellent word-processing skills (+ 50 words per minute) and knowledge of Microsoft applications;
- High level of proficiency in the English language including spelling, grammar and punctuation;
- High Standard of Integrity and ability to handle sensitive matters;
- Those with experience in Parliamentary and/ Court reporting will have an added advantage.
Mode of Application
Interested persons who meet the above specifications should submit a written application letter with a copy of current Curriculum Vitae, naming three (3) traceable referees to address below not later than 26th July, 2019.
The Secretary, Parliamentary Service Commission, Parliament Building P/Bag B362, Lilongwe 3