Jhpiego is an international, non-profit health organization affiliated with the Johns Hopkins University. Jhpiego has been working in Malawi since 1999 implementing a wide-range of interventions in maternal health, family planning. HIV/AIDS prevention, care and treatment. Current projects include facility and community-based HIV testing services, and HIV prevention Jhpiego intends to recruit suitable and a qualified staff for the vacant position below:
Post: Peer Educator (PE) Supervisor
Duty Station: Mzimba(4) Nkhatabay(1) Thyolo ( 4)
Supervises: Peer Educators
Reports to: Priority Population Officer
The Peer Educator Supervisor will provide ongoing supportive supervision and mentorship to Peer Educators to ensure sustainable, high quality and client focused HIV prevention services that targets Priority Population such as Estate Workers, Kabanza Riders, Taxi Drivers, Fisherforks, Sugarcane cutters and growers, Men in Uniform and Teachers. She/he will work under close guidance and support from Priority Population Officer and MoH to meet quality standards in Priority Population friendly HIV prevention services.
Qualifications, Experience, Skills and Competencies
- Diploma in Community Development, Public Health or equivalent.
- MOH HTS Certification is an added advantage.
- Experience working in HIV and AIDS service provision programs.
- Experience in data entry
- Effective community mobilization and health promotion skills.
- Experience in supervising, supporting and coaching staff.
- Possession of Valid Motorcycle Driving License is a must.
- Ability to work in a complex environment charged with multiple tasks, short deadlines and intense pressure to perform.
- Motivated, passionate and hard working.
Eligible candidates meeting the required qualifications and experience should send applications with detailed Curriculum Vitae (CV) , and names and contact details of three (3) traceable referees to the e-mail address: firstname.lastname@example.org not later than 30th November, 2019. “Position title must be indicated as the subject”
Jhpiego appreciates all candidates,Malawian candidates are strongly encouraged to apply. Only applicants who meet the required qualifications will be considered. Jhpiego is an Equal Opportunities Employer
For further information about Jhpiego, visit our website at www.Jhplego.org