National Aids Commission (NAC)
[pms-restrict subscription-plans = “516, 517”]
The National Aids Commission (NAC) is a body corporate established in 2001 and reconstituted through the HIV and AIDS (Prevention and Management) Act No. 9 of 2018. The Act mandates NAC to coordinate and provide leadership for the implementation of the National response to HIV and AIDS (Prevention and Management) by other key stakeholders. The enactment of the HIV and AIDS (Prevention and Management) Act No 9 of 2018, reconstituted NAC with new functional roles.
In order to meet the new requirements and its mandate effectively and efficiently, excellent and rare opportunities have arisen to engage qualified persons of Malawian origin to fill various positions of National AIDS Commission tenable at its Head Office in Lilongwe.
NAC, therefore, invites applications from suitable candidates to fill these positions on permanent terms of employment. The positions are as follows:
Prevention and Management Officer (Non Bio-Medical) 3
A. KEY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The successful candidate will have the following key duties and responsibilities:
- Facilitating the development and/or review of HIV prevention policies, strategies, plans, guidelines and standards.
- Ensuring that sectoral HIV prevention plans and interventions are consistent with national policies, plans and guidelines.
- Ensuring that HIV prevention programmes address issues of gender, culture human rights, vulnerability and risk.
- Advocating for scaling up of HIV prevention programmes at national, district and community levels.
- Ensuring equitable coverage and access of HIV prevention programmes in the country.
- Ensuring development and effective implementation of social and behavioral change communication interventions.
- Reviewing and endorsement of HIV information for dissemination and/or publication.
- Strengthening capacity of partner organizations to plan, implement and monitor quality HIV prevention interventions.
- Monitoring and evaluating HIV prevention programmes in the national response to HIV and AIDS.
- Monitoring and reporting on the implementation of the national HIV prevention strategy.
ACADEMIC AND PROFESSIONAL QUALIFICATIONS
Applicants should possess:
At least a Bachelor’s Degree in Social Sciences, or Public Health or Nursing, or Medicine plus three years hands on experience in HIV and AIDS prevention or Social Behavior Change Communication.
COMPETENCIES AND PERSONAL ATTRIBUTES
The ideal candidates for the positions must:
- Have an in depth knowledge of the issues and implications of the HIV and AIDS pandemic both locally and internationally;
- Be an optimistic and determined individual, able to meet, resolve, and overcome inevitable challenges facing the Commission in achieving its goals and objectives;
- Ability to work under pressure;
- Have excellent interpersonal, teambuilding and leadership skills;
- Be able to inspire trust, confidence and respect of others;
- Be able to acknowledge and value the contribution of others; Be an effective communicator, flexible and responsive strategic thinker with the ability to conceptualize and articulate high level policy decisions and translate them into clear strategic direction;
- Proficient in ERPs and Microsoft Office (MS Word, Excel and Access); and
- Have a verifiable results-oriented track record that includes experience in sound financial management.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT
NAC shall offer an attractive employee benefits package to successful candidate in accordance with its emolument structure (commensurate with qualifications and experience).
METHOD OF APPLICATION
Candidates should submit their applications with:
- an up-to-date Curriculum Vitae (CV);
- Names and Contacts of Three Traceable Referees, at least one of whom should have been a first or second level supervisor of the applicant within the last five (5) years; and
- copies of their Academic and Professional Qualifications.
Please quote the job title being applied for on the envelope. The application should be sent to the address below.
The Acting Chief Executive Officer, National AIDS Commission, P. O. Box 30622, LILONGWE 3. The closing date for all applications is Friday 19th July 2019. Only shortlisted candidates will be acknowledged.