|The Elizabeth Glaser Pediatric AIDS Foundation (EGPAF) is the global leader in the fight against pediatric HIV/AIDS and has reached more than 26 million women with services to prevent transmission of HIV to their babies. In 2015-2016, EGPAF supported activities in 19 countries and nearly 5,000 sites to implement prevention, care, and treatment services; to further advance innovative research; and to execute global advocacy activities that bring dramatic change to the lives of millions of women, children, and families worldwide.EGPAF has worked in Malawi since 2001. Today, EGPAF Malawi implements evidence‐based HIV prevention, care and treatment interventions in 179 health facilities in nine districts through EGPAF’s U.S. President’s Emergency Plan for AIDS Relief/U.S. Centres for Disease Control and Prevention (PEPFAR/CDC) ‐ funded HIV Service Delivery, Quality Improvement and Health Systems Strengthening Program. EGPAF seeks to fill the following open positions:
Job title : Procurement & Logistics Manager
Reports to : Director of Operations
Location : Lilongwe
Overall Objective of the post
The Procurement & Logistics Manager is a self-motivated individual who will facilitate the acquisition, supply, delivery, storage and disposal of goods & services, as well as logistics operations at optimum cost effective levels in a thoroughly documented, compliant, expeditious and effective manner – and will execute their duties with unyielding integrity. S/he will assume responsibility for inventory, procurement of goods and services, logistical support, service contracts, and contracted service providers, and other related administrative activities.
Essential responsibilities include the following, but not limited to:
- Lead the EGPAF Malawi Procurement activities from the requisition stage through delivery, inspection and acceptance as well as lead the logistical activities for the office to include inventory management.
- Ensuring that all needed documents and donor approvals are obtained, completed, and filed for EGPAF’s procurement activities in line with USG and EGPAF regulations and approved budgets.
- Establishes and maintains system for purchasing, ensuring that accurate and detailed specifications are submitted in writing prior to initiation of purchasing and coordinates the efficient pickup and delivery of purchases.
Asset and Supplies Management
- Ensure availability of supplies by maintaining a comprehensive inventory of supplies (both EGPAF & supported partners and districts) and conduct periodic audits of procured supplies as an additional documented internal control measure.
- Secure supplies and assets by implementing security system measures and providing a clean and safe supplies storage environment.
Vendor Relationship Management
- Develop, manage and maintain an arm’s length relationship with vendors at all levels; will ensure that EGPAF suppliers fulfill their obligations and are paid on a timely basis and that any disputes are managed in a professional, procedural and consultative manner.
- Coordinate sourcing strategies and develop – through a full and open process – a comprehensive supplier base for the supply of goods and services, establish a pre-approved vendors’ list that will be updated annually.
- Ensure complete Procurement files are maintained for each procurement in accordance with Foundation procedures.
- Prepare and review supplier evaluations/bids analysis, requests for contracts, purchase orders, and other procurement documents, ensuring strict adherence to applicable procedures and donor requirements as well as the accuracy and completeness of supporting documentation.
- Liaise with EGPAF HQ and Regional departments as needed to enhance efficiency, effectiveness and compliance
- Ensure continuous innovations, adoption of best practices and regular reviews of procurement & logistics operations for optimal efficiency
- Analyze risk areas in procurement & logistics operations and recommend mitigating solutions
Essential Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Understanding and experience with USG procurement and logistics regulations.
- Demonstrated analytical ability and good written and verbal communication skills. Excellent interpersonal, communications, customer service, consulting, coaching and organizational skills.
- High energy and maturity with ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously with competing priorities.
- Culturally astute, respectful and tolerant, able to promote and support diversity in the workplace, and able to gain the trust and respect of peers
Required Qualifications and Experience
- Degree in Business Administration, Logistics, Procurement, Purchasing &Supply, Management or related field.
- A Master’s Degree will be an added advantage
- Demonstrated 5 years’ experience on procurement & logistics activities.
- Preference for candidates who have experience working with International NGOs.