Mzuzu University is Malawi’s Second Public University established under the Mzuzu University Act No. 12 of 1997. The mandate of the University is to provide high quality education, training, research, outreach and complementary services to meet the technological, social and economic needs of individuals and communities in Malawi and the World.
The University invites applications from suitably qualified candidates to fill the following teaching positions:
DEPARTMENT OF INFORMATION AND COMMUNICATION TECHNOLOGY
Professor/Associate Professor/Senior Lecturer/Lecturer in Information and Communication Technology
Candidates must have a PhD or Master’s Degree in Information and Communication Technology obtained from a reputable and accredited institution of higher learning. Candidates must have a strong research track record in at least two of the following areas: Artificial Intelligence, Modelling and Simulation, Data Structures, Computer Architecture and Organization, Computer Networks, Digital Forensics, Cybersecurity, Mobile Telecommunications and Information Systems Audit.
For the above position, candidates should address their ability to meet the following requirements:
- A minimum of two (2) years of teaching experience in the subject area they have applied for at tertiary level.
- Duties and Responsibilities
- To teach and assess undergraduate and postgraduate courses;
- To develop and teach new courses, including postgraduate courses, as may be required;
- To supervise undergraduate and postgraduate projects including research;
- To actively participate in scholarly activities such as research and Publication;
- To serve on University Committees to which they may be appointed; and
- To undertake any other duties as required and assigned by their Head of Department, Dean of Faculty or Management
- Attributes and Competencies
- Extensive knowledge and understanding of the subject area;
- Demonstrable Commitment to academic excellence in teaching and research;
- Ability to work as a member of a team;
- Good communication skills; and
- Ability to work under pressure and to meet given deadlines.
Method of Application
The application should include an up-to-date Curriculum Vitae (CV), copies of academic and professional qualifications as well as names and contact details of three traceable referees. The job title should be indicated on the envelope and sent to:
Private Bag 201
Or Electronic Submission:
Electronic submission of the application should be sent as attachments in PDF or MS Word format to email@example.com. The subject line of the application should show the position being applied for.
To reach the University not later than Friday, 22nd November 2019. Note that only shortlisted candidates will be acknowledged. Female candidates are encouraged to apply.