The Program Coordinator performs a variety of tasks to support the CorpsAfrica/Malawi Office through a variety of highly responsible and confidential managerial and administrative duties. The Program Coordinator manages a select number of Volunteers, supporting them through their CorpsAfrica/Malawi service. Managing coordinating volunteering positions and volunteer staff. Manages relationships between volunteer staff and charity organizations, maintains organizational policies and procedures, and promotes the organization and its volunteer accomplishments. He/She will report directly to the Country Director and work closely with Private, Governments and Development Partners.
- Assesses organizational and program needs to determine number and range of volunteers needed to grow CorpsAfrica/Malawi initiatives with communities.
- Manages volunteer recruitment and hiring process by advertising for available volunteer positions, and interviewing candidates.
- Prepares orientation materials for new volunteers, including handbooks, programs, and kits.
- Cultivates a positive and supportive atmosphere by recognizing volunteer efforts and assisting volunteers with their own endeavors
- Be knowledgeable about and carry out policies, systems, and procedures to ensure effective and efficient operations of the organization.
- Provide Project Management and support to Volunteers in the field. Meets with volunteers to assess their progress and satisfaction, as well as to conduct performance evaluations or skills audits
- Serve as “coaches” for Volunteers in Human Centered Design so they can innovate and create a “design thinking” culture at their sites. Use Human Centered Design as part of all activities and consciously create a culture of design thinking in the office and in the field.
- Monitors volunteers during their appointments to retain or replace candidates
- Manages communication among volunteers and between the organization and its volunteers, in order to share news, progress.
- Maintains a database of volunteers and projects and tracks metrics, records, archives, prepare minutes and reports monthly/quarterly/annual reports on Volunteer activity.
- Promotes the organization, its volunteer efforts, and its accomplishments internally and externally with NGOs, government officials, academia, bank and agency administrators.
- Assist with events, public and media relations, and other marketing opportunities.
- Other responsibilities as requested by the Director.
- A Bachelor’s degree and at least three years of professional experience with one year of field experience
- Extremely detail-oriented and organized with a passion for accuracy and precision in record keeping and reporting
- A passion and commitment to youth leadership, participatory community development, impact evaluation, transparency, and accountability
- Excellent speaking, writing, presentation, and computer skills (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Google Docs)
- Impeccable integrity, judgment and discretion along with a professional demeanor and personal style that elicits trust
- A demonstrable understanding of Malawian laws and government administrations
- Fluency in English and Chichewa is required
Application letters and Curriculum Vitae addressed to the Recruitment Team Division
Ref: Program Coordinator CorpsAfrica/Malawi, and must reach either address below no later than August 7, 2019.
Address: P.O. Box X28, Lilongwe, Malawi.