World Relief Malawi
[pms-restrict subscription-plans = “516, 517”]
World Relief is an international Christian NGO working in health, economic development, disaster response, and refugee resettlement. World Relief’s mission is empowering the local church to serve the most vulnerable.
World Relief Malawi is implementing Ultra-poor Graduation interventions in Dedza and Mangochi districts for the next three years. The goal of this project is to ensure that ultra-poor households graduate off of the social cash transfer programs in Dedza and Mangochi districts and have improved social, livelihood, and economic security by 2022 to stay off the program.
World Relief Malawi, therefore invites applications from interested and qualified candidates to fill the vacant positions tenable in Dedza and Mangochi districts.
Job Title: Project Coordinator (Economic Development) (1 Position)
Reports to: Program Coordinator
Location: Dedza, Malawi
Reporting to Program Coordinator, the Project Coordinator will ensure that all project related activities implemented by World Relief in the districts are being implemented according to the project proposal and plan. The responsible officer will support field officers in all the implementing districts. The incumbent will assist in the coordination of project activities and resources including personnel and ensure achievement of project deliverables within agreed timeframes.
- Lead the process of producing and adapting tools related to economic development
- Organize and facilitate training programs for staff and community groups
- Facilitate the development and implementation of project plans and budgets in collaboration with the Program Coordinator, Field Coordinators and District Coordinators;
- Supervise the project staff in all districts of operation
- Coaching and mentoring to ensure staff achieve their targets and realize program goals
- Coordination of field level human, financial and material resources of the project to ensure efficient resource allocation and utilization for all components;
- In liaison with the Program Coordinator, facilitate quarterly project technical reviews and planning meetings
- Compile activity, monthly, quarterly and annual reports in time;
- Maintain close links with the appropriate Government Departments and other organizations (including NGO’s) implementing social protection and economic development work in the respective districts;
- Provide overall supportive supervision of all training events planned in the project;
- Ensure integration of the project activities with other interventions in the districts
- Represent World Relief at district, national and other relevant meetings.
Qualifications and Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in Community Development, Media for Development, Enterprise Development; Microfinance; Humanities, or other Developmental studies from a well recognized and accredited University or College.
- Minimum of three years’ experience in project management
- Experience in leadership and project management
- Ability to network and collaborate with district and community level stakeholders
- Excellent writing and communication skills
- Readiness to work in remote rural areas
- Ability to communicate with beneficiaries in their local language
- Computer Literacy
- Those with Motor vehicle driving license will have an added advantage.
- Commitment to World Relief values.
Method of applications
Interested candidates are requested to submit their applications and CVs and provide names and contacts of three traceable referees to World Relief by 14th June, 2019. Please indicate on the envelope or email subject the post which you are applying for. Only shortlisted candidates will be acknowledged.
Applications should be sent to the following address:
The Human Resource Officer, World Relief Malawi, P. O. BOX 30717, LILONGWE 3.
Or Email: firstname.lastname@example.org