World Vision International
[pms-restrict subscription-plans = “516, 517”]
World Vision is a global Christian relief, development and advocacy organisation dedicated to working with children, families and communities to overcome poverty and injustice. Our 42,000+ staff members working in more than 90 countries are united through our ethos, mission and shared desire for all individuals, especially children, to overcome poverty, inequality and injustice.
World Vision International in Malawi therefore is currently looking for dedicated professional Christians to fill the positions below that have fallen vacant. If you are passionate about child wellbeing and you are considering a career with a calling, we would love to talk to you.
PROJECT MANAGER (Grade 15)- Based at National Office
Purpose of the position:
To provide strategic leadership, coordination and harmonization of WASH field operations for water supply and sanitation sections of the department in order to ensure that the project effectively and efficiently attains its overall goal of improving sustainable access to water, improved sanitation and good hygiene practices in the targeted Area Programmes (APs.)
- Manage field staff in order to ensure that Water, Sanitation and Hygiene projects are efficiently and appropriately implemented, monitored, reviewed and evaluated on a continuous basis using the quality indicators of the Child Well Being Aspirations.
- Champion the process of planning, design and implementation of WASH in the Malawi WASH program by providing technical support and guidance that will ensure quality delivery of WASH services in the targeted program APs.
- Lead in monitoring of WASH operation processes and outputs against budget plans in order to ensure efficient management of the human, financial and material resources entrusted to the project.
- Ensuring that appropriate human resource performance monitoring mechanisms with proper coaching and mentoring are practiced to enhance appropriate staff competencies and skills.
- Roll out best emerging practices and approaches in the sector towards efficient and cost effective delivery of WASH in WVM
- Lead in identification of capacity gaps, planning and development of training packages and manuals on WASH including policy guidance to WASH staff in order to ensure program compliance with community needs, donor requirements, WV and government policies and national standards.
- Lead in effective programme implementation in order to ensure longer-term data collection, analysis and reporting according to specified requirements of the project and facilitate mid-term and final evaluation of the projects in WVM.
- Lead in reviewing and reporting progress of all WASH operations in the program for both strategic considerations towards attainment of program goals and accountability to donors and communities.
- Engage in and ensure liaison and networking with government and other stakeholders.
- Must be a committed Christian, able to stand above denominational diversities.
- Perform other duties as required.
Qualifications: Education/Knowledge/Technical Skills and Experience
The following may be acquired through a combination of formal or self-education, prior experience or on-the-job training:
- Bachelor’s degree in Water/Civil Engineering/Social Science / Public Health.
- At least 7 years progressive, responsible professional work experience in programme planning and management in a WASH related field.
- Proven Experience in managing rural WASH projects
- Leadership and Team Work abilities
- Practical hands on knowledge of Construction and WASH projects.
- Project management and design experience, as well as project implementation and monitoring & evaluation including reporting.
- Excellent interpersonal, organizational, time management, demonstrated leadership and good management ability.
- Strong detail, analytical and negotiation skills.
- Cross-cultural sensitivity, flexible worldview emotional maturity
- Ability to maintain performance expectations in diverse cultural contexts, psycho-logically stressful environments and physical hardship conditions with limited resources.
To view the complete Job Description and requirements please visit: https://www.wvcentral.org
Send a cover letter with a detailed Curriculum Vitae with three traceable referees to: email@example.com not later than 15th July 2019. Only short listed candidates will be acknowledged.