World Vision International
[pms-restrict subscription-plans = “516, 517”]
World Vision is a global Christian relief, development and advocacy organisation dedicated to working with children, families and communities to overcome poverty and injustice. Our 42,000+ staff members working in more than 90 countries are united through our ethos, mission and shared desire for all individuals, especially children, to overcome poverty, inequality and injustice.
World Vision International in Malawi therefore is currently looking for dedicated professional Christians to fill the positions below that have fallen vacant. If you are passionate about child wellbeing and you are considering a career with a calling, we would love to talk to you.
PROJECT OFFICER (Grade 13)—AFIKEPO Nutrition Project (Two Positions- Based in Mulanje and Chiradzulu)
Purpose of the position:
The Project officer will be responsible for implementation and district level coordination/ facilitation of the prevention of malnutrition in under five children. The position will take ownership for the delivery of nutrition interventions ensuring that there is a measurable impact on identified project targets and fostering partnerships in nutrition with particular focus on AFIKEPO-NUTRITION programming.
- Lead the planning, organization/ facilitation and implementation of the project interventions within the district
- Maintain programmatic accountability for program activities within the district including data collection for evaluation, record keeping of activities, and the completion of all necessary monthly progress and project -end reporting
- Facilitate increased access to prevention and treatment through care group and caregiver household mass screening of under five children within the district.
- Facilitate efficient and timely implementation of planned activities by all relevant committees, district and community partners to ensure the right techniques, methodologies and project standards are achieved.
- Works closely with the Ministry of Health staff at different levels, partners and Nutrition coordination institutions for the project implementation.
- Assist in the assessment and validation of the malnourished children for inclusion in the CMAM Program.
- Provide technical support to Health Surveillance Assistants (HSA)
- Network and collaborate with all local level stakeholders involved in and nutrition interventions in program implementation and facilitate smooth transition for sustainability in the program.
- Represent the program on relevant local level committees, taskforces, fairs, etc., in order to promote coordination and collaboration with other stakeholders and relevant efforts whenever possible 10. Promote local level advocacy in nutrition matters.
- Build capacity of the local health and nutrition interventions communities or institution in preparation of project work plan and implementation of the project;
- Provide technical support to the HSAs, promoters, care groups and communities on implementation of the plans and submission of reports through monitoring and review sessions consistent with budgetary allocation and within the set time line.
- Must be a committed Christian, able to stand above denominational diversities.
- Perform other duties as required.
Qualifications: Education/Knowledge/Technical Skills and Experience
The following may be acquired through a combination of formal or self-education, prior experience or on-the-job training:
- Education: Minimum qualification a Degree in Nutrition or Child Health Nursing.
- Experience in implementation of any Nutrition projects will be an added advantage
- Experience: Minimum of 3 year’s experience in related field.
- Knowledge and technical skills
- Excellent facilitation skills
- Excellent analytical skills
- Fluent in English
- Good understanding of cross-cultural issues.
- Good organizational and time management skills
- Knowledge of sponsorship and rural/community development
- Good interpersonal and facilitation skills
- Ability to work under pressure and with minimum supervision
- Able to work in cross cultural environment
- Ability to pay attention to details
To view the complete Job Description and requirements please visit: https://www.wvcentral.org
Send a cover letter with a detailed Curriculum Vitae with three traceable referees to: email@example.com not later than 15th July 2019. Only short listed candidates will be acknowledged.