THE SCIENCE OF IMPROVING LIVES
REQUEST FOR APPLICATION
Solicitation Title: Research Assistants
Issue Date: 14th August, 2019
Closing Date: 23rd August 2019
Expected Start Date : September 2019
FHI 360/Malawi aims to conduct a study with the aim of assessing the quality of facility-based family planning (FP) services and services outcomes for women in Malawi. The study will require travel to approximately three districts where both qualitative and quantitative survey methods will be employed.
The study aims to employ Research Assistants, who will be responsible for field data collection ensuring that research is conducted in accordance with the protocol and standard operating procedures and in compliance with ethical standards. The research assistants are expected to work for approximately 21 days in the field, collecting data beginning in September 2019 through October 2019.
Scope of Work
- Screen clients for eligibility.
- Administer informed consent. •
- Collect enrolment data using Open Data Kit (ODK).
- Collect participant contact information including phone numbers.
- Provide participant compensation and keep accurate accounting records.
- Conduct scheduled 6 week and 12 weeks follow-up interviews by phone.
- Report to FHI 360 all social harm events occurring as a result of study participation
- Maintain adequate and accurate source documents for each participant, as defined in the protocol and study manual.
- Ensure there is good working relationships with the District Health Officers, health facility in-charges, FHI 360 staff and the rest of the study team.
Location of Work: One-week training and follow-up will be conducted from Lilongwe FHI 360 office.
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Certificate in Good Clinical Practice (GCP)
- Certification in human subjects research ethics from FHI 360 or CITI. May be obtained online from:
- https://www.fhi360.org/sites/all/libraries/webpages/fhi-retc2/index.html or
- One year experience in conducting health-related research projects (family planning preferred)
- Experience collecting data using electronic tablets and Open Data Kit (ODK)
- Knowledge of Malawi health system at district level
- Willingness and availability to travel to the study districts is required
- Strong communication in English and Chichewa
- Willingness and ability to travel to two or three districts outside of Lilongwe (Central and Southern Regions) for up to three weeks at a time is required.
Applications will be evaluated in accordance with the following criteria:
|Experience conducting surveys for research, especially in family planning||40%|
|Experience collecting data using ODK||15%|
|Experience in following research protocols||15%|
|Experience in data entry and cleaning||10%|
|Experience collaborating with health officials||10%|
|Skills in MS Word and excel||5%|
|Completeness of resume and certificates||5%|
Proposals must include the following components:
- Cover letter
- Copies of all relevant certificates together with name, title, organization and contacts of three professional references.
Timetable and Address for Submission
Applications are due no later than 5:00 PM EDT on Friday August 23rd, 2019. Required documentation listed below must be e-mailed to:
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org Attention: Study Monitor
FHI 360 Disclaimers
- FHI 360 may cancel the solicitation and not award
- FHI 360 may reject any or all responses received
- Issuance of the solicitation does not constitute an award commitment by FHI 360
- FHI 360 reserves the right to disqualify any offer based on failure of the offer or to follow solicitation instructions
- FHI 360 will not compensate any offer or for responding to solicitation
- FHI 360 reserves the right to issue award based on initial evaluation of offers without further discussion
- FHI 360 may choose to award only part of the activities in the solicitation, or issue multiple awards based on the solicitation activities
- FHI 360 reserves the right to waive minor proposal deficiencies that can be corrected prior to award determination to promote competition
- FHI 360 will be contacting each offer or to confirm contact person, address and that bid was submitted for this solicitation.