World Vision International in Malawi
World Vision is a global Christian relief, development and advocacy organisation dedicated to working with children, families and communities to overcome poverty and injustice. Our 42,000+ staff members working in more than 90 countries are united through our ethos, mission and shared desire for all individuals, especially children, to overcome poverty, inequality and injustice.
World Vision International in Malawi therefore is currently looking for dedicated professional
Christians to fill the position below. If you are passionate about child wellbeing and you are considering a career with a calling, we would love to talk to you.
Position Title: Research Assistants (Temporary)
Purpose of the position:
The Temporary Research Assistants will collect data from World Vision Area Programs.
- Collect data from household caregivers on household characteristics, poverty levels and most vulnerable children using android phones.
- Fill in all sections of the questionnaires with relevant information as given by the caregivers during household interviews.
- Engage with supervisor to review collected data in android phones before synchronizing the data.
- Synchronize data into a server after the supervisor has reviewed and endorsed it.
- Check completed work for accuracy.
- Comply with data integrity and security policies.
Minimum qualification and experience required
- Minimum of a Diploma in Food Security, Health & Nutrition, Communication, Education and related fields of study.
- Practical experience in data collection using SMART phones, Tablet and ODK
- Must have their own SMART phone or tablet
- Honest, sober minded and team player
- Excellent communication skills in Chichewa.
All interested applicants for the above position are requested to submit their application, CV’s, educational qualifications, names and contact telephone numbers of at least three referees, preferably one of whom you have reported to recently. Send your completed applications to, firstname.lastname@example.org, indicating the position being applied for in the subject line. Closing date is Friday, 6th December, 2019. Only short listed candidates will be contacted.