U.S. Peace Corps
Peace Corps, an international development agency of the United States. Government, has an immediate opening for a Response Coordinator in Malawi. Peace Corps Response sends experienced professionals to Malawi to undertake short-term, high impact service assignments. The Response Coordinator is responsible for the development and execution of the Peace Corps Response program in Malawi, including the management and training of volunteers and the development and relationship management with partner organizations. This full-time position is based in Lilongwe, Malawi, but requires support to partner organizations and Response Volunteers throughout the country. This is a personal service contract position contingent on funding availability.
In order to be selected for this position, the applicant must submit an application that clearly documents how they meet each of the following qualification requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree required
- Experience with project management and working with external partners in a developing world context
- Experience in international development, preferably in one of the following areas: public health, education, environment, agriculture, and/or gender
- Experience working in a multi-cultural environment
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and as a team member with minimal supervision, prioritize multiple tasks, pay close attention to details, be proactive and solutions-oriented, and provide logistical support to Volunteers and staff;
- Strong inter-personal and customer service skills in order to work well with people in a multi-cultural setting with diverse populations, including Peace Corps Volunteers, stakeholders, vendors, and clients, including members from the United States Government;
- Excellent computer skills (proficiency in Microsoft Word and Excel), including demonstrated ability to prepare reports and develop materials.
- Able to facilitate training sessions comfortably, have excellent interpersonal communications skills and demonstrate the ability to learn and adapt very quickly.
- Ability to read, write and speak English fluently. Local language ability is a plus.
Only electronic applications will be received. Candidates who meet the above qualifications should send a detailed C.V. with a typed cover letter that includes their qualifications, past work experience, professional references, degrees/certificates, and telephone contact information to the address below:
The Human Resource Specialist
U.S. Peace Corps
Plot 070, Area 4 Old Town
P.O. Box 208, Lilongwe.
Applications must reach the U.S. Peace Corps Office not later than 1700h on 19th July, 2019. Send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org for a full statement of work. The U.S. Peace Corps is an equal opportunity employer