Ekwendeni Girls Secondary School
Ekwendeni Girls Secondary School under the Church of Central Africa Presbyterian aims at promoting quality Holistic Education for Spiritual Mental and Socio-Economic development of students to benefit Malawi.
The Board is inviting application, from suitably qualified and experienced candidates to teach the following subjects and any others qualified to teach.
- Bible knowledge
Successful candidates will be answerable to the Head teacher through Head of department.
- Preparing Schemes of Work, Lesson Plans and lesson notes.
- Identifying and acquiring relevant learning and teaching materials and preparing learning/teaching materials.
- Devising appropriate methods of teaching and assessing learners
- Ensuring the subject matter is delivered within allocated time
- Maintaining records of learners.
- Maintaining learners’ discipline
- Identifying and responding to learners’ needs and Providing counseling and guidance
- Attending departmental and staff meetings and school assemblies
- Supervising students preparatory/study time during teacher’s duty week
CORE COMPETENCIES AND ATTRIBUTES
- Committed Christian
- Sober minded
- Demonstrate the ability to take initiative and complete syllabus and other assigned tasks on time
- Committed, motivated and able to achieve tasks in required time
- Positive attitude towards work
- Possess a good command of English language, with excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills
A minimum qualification of Diploma In Education. Those with a Degree in Education will have an added advantage.
METHOD OF APPLICATION
All interested persons who meet the above qualifications should submit their applications accompanied by updated Curriculum Vitae with names and addresses of three traceable referees (one of which should be from last or current employer) and photocopies of supporting documents. Applications to reach the school not later than 19th July, 2019 must be sent to:
The Board Chairperson, Ekwendeni Girls Secondary School, P. O. Box 2, EKWENDENI
For enquiries call: 01 339 737 (Monday – Friday working hours only)
Only shortlisted candidates will be invited for interviews.