Central Medical Stores Trust (CMST)
Central Medical Stores Trust (CMST) is a body corporate under the Trustees Incorporation Act (Chapter 5:03) of the Laws of Malawi and is responsible for procurement, warehousing, sales and distribution of quality medicines and medical supplies to all public health facilities in Malawi. CMST invites applications from suitable individuals to fill a position of SECURITY SERVICES OFFICER (SSO) as detailed below:
Job Title: SECURITY SERVICES OFFICER
Responsible to: Human Resource and Administration Manager (MS3)
Responsible for: Provision of effective and efficient security services and systems at CMST offices, warehouses and residential areas.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Develop and implement Security Services Policy and Procedures.
- Establish security needs, determine and deploy appropriate systems.
- Initiate and coordinate the outsourcing of CMST security services and systems.
- Coordinate, supervise implementation and monitor the performance of the outsourced security services providers.
- Liaise and maintain effective relationships with security suppliers and service providers.
- Liaise with Government and other security agencies and ensure compliance with security laws and regulations.
- Develop, implement and manage a security services annual plan and budget.
- Provide leadership, supervise and assess the performance of CMST Security Team.
- Provide regular and ad hoc reports of security operations, incidents and emergencies.
- Carry out any other relevant duties assigned by Management from time to time.
Qualification and Experience
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Security Studies or its equivalent obtained from a recognised and reputable learning institution.
- Ten (10) years progressive experience in a busy and complex security oriented environment in the public service or private sector. Former Malawi Police Service or Military Officers will have an added advantage.
- Computer literacy and ability to use Microsoft packages.
Skills and Personal Attributes
- Excellent analytical, intelligence gathering and probing skills;
- Excellent communication, networking, relationship building and interpersonal skills;
- Ability to manage conflicts and solve complex problems; and
- Ability and eagerness to manage and endure 24/7 CMST security demands.
Submission of Applications
Qualified and interested individuals should submit applications and detailed Curriculum Vitae (CVs) with copies of certificates indicating their current postal and email addresses, telephone numbers and names of three (3) traceable referees in sealed envelopes clearly marked “Vacancy: Security Services Officer” or via email Not later than 16.00 HOURS ON Friday 26 July, 2019 to:-
The Chief Executive Officer, Central Medical Stores Trust, Mzimba Drive Opposite Kamuzu College of Nursing, Private Bag 55. LILONGWE
CMST is an equal opportunity employer and only shortlisted applicants will be acknowledged.