JSI Research & Training Institute, Inc. (JSI)
Location: Lilongwe, Malawi
Position Category: Local hire, paid in country
Posting Date: 07/02/2019
Deadline Date: 07/16/2019
Starting Date: 01/01/2020
JSI Research & Training Institute, Inc. (JSI) seeks dynamic and highly experienced candidates for multiple positions for anticipated USAID/ Malawi HIV Prevention activities under PEPFAR. The program aims to expand the use of high quality, integrated, sexual and reproductive health (SRH) and HIV prevention services by high-risk populations, especially men and adolescent girls and young women (AGYW), in PEPFAR priority districts, including VMMC, PrEP for high risk populations, targeted HIV testing with linkages to anti-retroviral treatment (ART), and comprehensive condom promotion.
Interested candidates should submit a cover letter and resume on the JSI website: www.jsi.com
Deadline for consideration is rolling.
- Provide technical leadership in the design and implementation of comprehensive, targeted health communication to increase use of male and female condoms.
- Develop an overall strategy to increase condom use through both branded and generic communication campaigns, utilizing consumer and market research on barriers and facilitating factors to shape messaging on condom use.
- Determine effective ways to measure the outcomes of interventions.
- Develop and manage a strategy to promote and provide capacity building to promote the increase use of male and female condoms activities, working in collaboration and support of the Malawi national condom strategies, and with the Management Teams at provincial, district and local levels.
- Collaborate with commercial and community enterprises to catalyze their involvement in the increase of use of male and female condoms.
- Develop campaigns and messages to increase the use of male and female condoms and increase general public knowledge of condom use and other HIV prevention resources.
- Manage the development and promotion of all successes through print, electronic and other media and ensure these successes are communicated to USAID.
- Master’s Degree or higher in public health, social and/or behavioral sciences or a related field, with a focus on community-level health communication, promotion and/or education.
- A minimum 7 years of experience in the Easter-Southern African region with progressively increasing responsibility designing, implementing and assessing large scale health communication programs.
- Deep expertise in evidence-driven, theory-based, behavioral HIV prevention interventions.
- Familiarity with innovative, interdisciplinary approaches such as human-centered design and behavioral economics for increasing demand for and use of health products and services.
- Prior experience with building community competency to improve health, and participatory methodologies for engaging beneficiaries in planning and implementing local-level activities.
Salary commensurate with experience.
Interested candidates should submit their resumes and cover letters online by 07/16/2019.