JSI Research & Training Institute, Inc. (JSI)
Location: Lilongwe, Malawi
Position Category: Local hire, paid in country
Posting Date: 08/12/2019
Deadline Date: 08/30/2019
Starting Date: 01/01/2020
JSI Research & Training Institute, Inc. (JSI) seeks dynamic and highly experienced candidates for multiple positions for anticipated USAID/ Malawi HIV Prevention activities under PEPFAR. The program aims to expand the use of high quality, integrated, sexual and reproductive health (SRH) and HIV prevention services by high-risk populations, especially men and adolescent girls and young women (AGYW), in PEPFAR priority districts, including VMMC, PrEP for high risk populations, targeted HIV testing with linkages to anti-retroviral treatment (ART), and comprehensive condom promotion.
Interested candidates should submit a cover letter and resume on the JSI website: www.jsi.com Deadline for consideration is rolling.
- Provide overall leadership and technical expertise for the project’s HIV testing activities, to guide the use of appropriate technical and programmatic approaches to HIV case finding through targeted testing;
- Identify improvements in the delivery of HIV Testing Services (HTS), including index and self-testing, and mentor HIV testing staff;
- Coordinate and monitor HTS, and ensure DREAMS-integrated AGYW services are implemented in the four key districts in Malawi;
- Provide expert guidance on innovative outreach strategies to find and reach previously undiagnosed PLHIV in order to link them to ART.
- Medical degree preferred; nursing degree with clinical experience considered as an alternative. Master’s degree in health management, public health or related discipline also highly desired;
- Minimum 8 years of professional experience with international health and HIV/AIDS programs, inclusive of at least 3 to 5 years in a technical leadership role in resource challenged settings;
- At least 3 years of experience working with large-scale community-based HIV testing programs in East and Southern Africa (ESA) region;
- Demonstrated state-of-the-art expertise in HIV testing approaches for the targeted populations in high prevalence settings, including in active index testing and HIV self-testing;
- Prior experience with capacity building and clinical training of health personnel for improved service delivery in resource-challenged settings.
Salary commensurate with experience.
Interested candidates should submit their resumes and cover letters online by 08/30/2019.
No phone calls please.
Principals only please.