JSI Research & Training Institute, Inc. (JSI)
Location: Lilongwe, Malawi
Position Category: Local hire, paid in country
Posting Date: 07/02/2019
Deadline Date: 07/16/2019
Starting Date: 01/01/2020
JSI Research & Training Institute, Inc. (JSI) seeks dynamic and highly experienced candidates for multiple positions for anticipated USAID/ Malawi HIV Prevention activities under PEPFAR. The program aims to expand the use of high quality, integrated, sexual and reproductive health (SRH) and HIV prevention services by high-risk populations, especially men and adolescent girls and young women (AGYW), in PEPFAR priority districts, including VMMC, PrEP for high risk populations, targeted HIV testing with linkages to anti-retroviral treatment (ART), and comprehensive condom promotion.
Interested candidates should submit a cover letter and resume on the JSI website: www.jsi.com
Deadline for consideration is rolling.
- Lead the delivery of comprehensive SRH/HIV services to targeted populations, specifically adolescent girls and young women (AGYW) as a part of the larger Determined, Resilient, Empowered, AIDSFree and Mentored and Safe (DREAMS) package;
- Provide expert guidance on appropriate technical and programmatic approaches for scale-up of HIV and FP/RH services for AGYW, including gender-based violence mitigation and post-violence care;
- Identify areas of improvements in delivery of services and mentor clinical staff to improve linkage to care and ARTinitiation;
- Provide technical leadership and work closely with other project staff and key stakeholders in strategic planning and in the development of the project’s strategic frameworks, annual work plans, detailed implementation plans.
- Master’s degree in public health, health management, or related discipline, or clinical degree in medicine or nursing;
- Minimum 8 years of professional experience with international health and HIV/AIDS programs, inclusive of at least 3 to 5 years in a technical leadership role in resource-challenged settings;
- At least 3 years of experience with the delivery of FP/SRH services at scale in East and Southern Africa (ESA) region, including experience with the provision of these services to AGYW;
- Demonstrated state-of-the-art expertise in youth-friendly SRH services, FP/HIV integration, and GBV services, in high prevalence settings;
- Prior experience with clinical training of health personnel for improved service delivery in resource-challenged settings.
Salary commensurate with experience.
Interested candidates should submit their resumes and cover letters online by 07/16/2019.