JSI Research & Training Institute, Inc. (JSI)
Location: Lilongwe, Malawi
Position Category: Local hire, paid in country
Posting Date: 07/02/2019
Deadline Date: 07/16/2019
Starting Date: 01/01/2020
JSI Research & Training Institute, Inc. (JSI) seeks dynamic and highly experienced candidates for multiple positions for anticipated USAID/ Malawi HIV Prevention activities under PEPFAR. The program aims to expand the use of high quality, integrated, sexual and reproductive health (SRH) and HIV prevention services by high-risk populations, especially men and adolescent girls and young women (AGYW), in PEPFAR priority districts, including VMMC, PrEP for high risk populations, targeted HIV testing with linkages to anti-retroviral treatment (ART), and comprehensive condom promotion.
Interested candidates should submit a cover letter and resume on the JSI website: www.jsi.com
Deadline for consideration is rolling.
- Lead national technical assistance to coordinate and harmonize all segments of the condom market in Malawi, as well as positioning condom social marketing within a Total Market Approach (TMA).
- Collaborate with relevant Government of Malawi staff to develop an overall strategy and framework for advancing TMA in Malawi.
- Develop plans to increase sales of socially marketed condoms, while maintaining a focus on populations in greatest need within the project framework.
- Position specific brands for optimal availability and visibility based on consumer research and insights.
- Master’s degree or higher in business administration, public health, or similar field, with a focus on innovative product marketing.
- At least 8 years of professional experience in a senior management/technical leadership role in international public health programs in resource-challenged settings.
- This experience should include at least 4 years involved with social marketing of products and/or services; successful practical experience in business or marketing-related field also highly desired. Specific experience with condom social marketing preferred.
- Demonstrated thorough understanding of the TMA and marketing principles combined with practical experience and general business acumen.
- Strong analytical skills, particularly related to market analytics and consumer research.
- Experience working with developing markets, preferably in the Eastern-Southern African region.
Salary commensurate with experience.
Interested candidates should submit their resumes and cover letters online by 07/16/2019.