Blantyre Water Board
Blantyre Water Board is a government-owned institution established and reconstituted under the Waterworks Act of 1995 to supply potable water to residents of the City of Blantyre City and other surrounding areas.
Blantyre Water Board is inviting applications from suitably qualified and experienced persons to fill the following vacant position:
Applicants must have the following qualifications and attributes:
- A Diploma or City & Guilds Part II in Mechanical/Electrical or Water Plant operation
- At least three (3) years proven work experience in water production field
- Leadership skills and Organization skills.
- Self-starter and innovative and good judgment.
- Good communications skills
Principal duties and responsibilities
- Monitoring and controlling operations of pumping to achieve proper production of water.
- Monitoring performance of plant and equipment, identifying any operating problems and initiating appropriate response and corrective actions.
- Reading and record operational data for all stations on log sheets.
- Compiling daily plant performance and production reports.
- Appraising and supervising staff below him/her
- Performing other relevant duties as may reasonably be required from time to time.
An attractive salary will be offered in accordance with the successful applicant’s qualifications and experience.
Interested eligible applicants must submit their written applications giving full Curriculum Vitae (CV) and names of two (2) traceable referees to:
The Chief Executive, Blantyre Water Board, P. O. Box 30369 Chichiri, BLANTYRE 3
The closing date for receiving application letters is 16th August, 2019.