National Local Government Finance Committee (NLGFC)
[pms-restrict subscription-plans = “516, 517”]
The National Local Government Finance Committee (NLGFC) is mandated by an Act of Parliament to disburse and manage operational and development resources for Local Councils in Malawi. As part of the Malawi Government reform agenda and in an effort to enhance its institutional capacity, the NLGFC and the Local Development Fund (LDF) were merged.
The National Local Government Finance Committee (NLGFC) therefore seeks to strengthen its capacity to support Local Councils by engaging suitably qualified, experienced and result oriented Malawian professionals to fill vacant positions tenable at the NLGFC offices in Area 14, Lilongwe. The positions highlighted below, are very challenging, requiring highly committed and skilled individuals with exceptional expertise:
SOCIAL DEVELOPMENT OFFICER (GRADE M4)
The Social Development Officer shall be responsible for leading in the Research, analysis, formulation, articulation and implementation of Government of Malawi’s social security system.
Key Roles and Responsibilities
- The incumbent shall be responsible for Estimating resource allocations to LAs based on key social and economic fundamentals
- Undertaking capacity assessments for LAs to roll out social protection programmes
- Designing and reviewing the Public Works Programme (PWP) Socio Cash Transfers (SCT) enrolment eligibility criteria and ensuring that LAs adhere to it
- Preparing programmes implementation guidelines for PWP and SCT programmes based on poverty indicators for various LAs
- Determining levels of transfers to beneficiary households based on changes in economic fundamentals
- Monitoring the project management cycle implementation benchmarks in order to identify bottlenecks in the implementation of community subprojects
- Reviewing LA Annual Investment Plans (AIP) submissions and prepare draft summaries to facilitate review;
- Conducting Periodic reviews of progress on implementation based on certificates available at LAs on community service packages and safety nets operations.
- Preparing and submitting quarterly, annual and ad-hoc reports to the COD Programmes Specialist
Bachelor’s Degree in Economics or Development or related field
Required and Preferred Competencies
- Should have a minimum of five) (5) years of relevant work experience in social development, social policy, and social economics or relevant social sciences
- Should have experience in monitoring and evaluation
- Committed to duty and ensure that full use is made of the systems, procedures and processes in the Institution
- Should be innovative and creative, able to solve problems and demonstrate professional expertise.
- Must have Communication skills: should be able to provide clear and concise oral and written communication.
For all the positions, Government approved salary scales for the National Local Government Finance Committee shall apply. National Local Government Finance Committee (NLGFC) is committed to diversify Gender equality in its operations and strongly encourages women to apply for the above vacant posts.
Interested applicants who meet the above requirements should submit applications together with concise Curriculum Vitae (CV) plus three traceable referees and copies of relevant certificates to the address below not later than Monday 22nd July 2019.
The Executive Director, National Local Government Finance Committee (NLGFC), Red Cross House, Area 14, P/Bag 352, LILONGWE 3
Please indicate the post being applied for on the envelope. Applicants who fully meet the above requirements and are considered for further assessment shall be acknowledged