Christian Aid is a humanitarian and development organization that insists the world can and must be swiftly changed to one where everyone can live a full life, free from poverty. We work globally for profound change that eradicates the causes of poverty, striving to achieve equality, dignity and freedom for all, regardless of faith or nationality. We are part of a wider movement for social justice. We provide urgent, practical and effective assistance where need is great, tackling the effects of poverty as well as its root causes.
About the role
This role will work together with programme staff in the management of the farmse project.
- The holder of this role will strategically lead, coordinate and monitor effective and quality implementation of the FARMSE project. Coordinating and leading work on the FARMSE budget
- Decisions made within project life cycle, providing technical input when required and ensuring realization of the FARMSE Social Protection objectives
- Develop, manage and oversee the implementation of the programme and provide strategic oversight on the programme including developing the visibility of the programme at country and regional level
- Appraise, monitor and review partner’s programme according to CA and Donor requirements
- Representing Christian Aid both internally and externally on social protection.
You must have a work permit to work in Malawi; You must have a minimum of a B.A/BSc. Degree in a development related field such as Agriculture, Agribusiness, Social Development & Sustainable Livelihoods, Rural Development, economics etc. You must have 5+ years of senior leadership experience, preferably within a large development or humanitarian organisation;
This role requires applicants to have the right to work in the country where this position is based.
We value diversity and aspire to reflect this in its workforce. We welcome applications from people from all sections of the community, irrespective of race, colour, gender, age, disability, sexual orientation, religion or belief.
You can expect a wide range of rewards and benefits, including a generous holiday allowance, a season ticket loan, and flexibility that will ensure you enjoy a good work/life balance.
As part of your application you will be asked to demonstrate your suitability by giving answers to the following questions:
- Give us an example of a time when you had to influence other people and persuade them to work in a collaborative way when there were different personal or organisational agendas
- Tell us about a time when you had adapt your style, approach, and delivery method to communicate effectively with a particular audience