Applications are invited from suitably qualified and experienced candidates for the following vacant positions tenable at The Polytechnic, a constituent college of the University of Malawi.
COMPUTING AND INFORMATION TECHNOLOGY DEPARTMENT
STAFF ASSOCIATE/LECTURER/ SENIOR LECTURER/ASSOCIATE PROFESSOR/PROFESSOR IN INFORMATION AND COMMUNICATION TECHNOLOGY/ COMPUTER SCIENCE
EDUCATION AND QUALIFICATIONS
- For Associate Lecturer applicants must have at least a Bachelor’s Degree (With a distinction or a strong Credit) in Information Technology or related field from an accredited institution.
- Candidates applying for a Lecturer level must have a Master’s Degree in Information Technology or related field from an accredited institution.
- Those with at least one year teaching experience in three or more of the following modules will have an added advantage:
- Computer Programming Java/ Python Programming language
- Computer Graphics
- Database Management Systems
- Computer Hardware Engineering
- Cyber Security
MAJOR DUTIES FOR ACADEMIC POSITIONS
Successful candidates will be responsible for teaching, research, consultancy and outreach services, supervising student projects, performing duties as may be assigned by the Head of Department.
Method of Application
Applications together with copies of relevant qualifications and up to date curriculum vitae with three traceable referees (with email addresses) should be sent by Friday, 25th October, 2019 to.
Private Bag 303