Management Sciences for Health (MSH)
Duration: 14 Months
The position holder will provide support to ONSE-supported districts within the region assigned to implement supply chain activities in collaboration with the ONSE District Coordinators. He/she will also be expected to work in collaboration with other supply chain partners to ensure there is smooth implementation of activities.
- Provide oversight for all ONSE supply chain activities from the districts to the health centers in accordance with the approved annual work plan.
- Track the implementation of project timelines and deliverables for ONSE supply chain activities.
- Report progress on implementation of monthly and quarterly work plans
- Represent the ONSE on matters related to supply chain in the assigned areas.
- Coordinate between USAID supported supply chain programs to leverage resource.
- Work with the ONSE District Coordinators in the zones to develop quarterly and monthly supply chain activity- based budgets for buy-in of District Health Management Teams (HMTs) before submission to ONSE central office;
- Work with the District Pharmacy personnel, DHMTs, Program Coordinators and the Drug and Therapeutic Committees to develop monthly and quarterly supply chain activity plans;
- Develop and implement SMART capacity building supply chain activities for district Pharmacy personnel and ONSE staff;
- Participate in the training of pharmacy assistants as mentors and conduct monthly supportive supervision to the mentorship program;
- Participate in the data quality audits and assessments for the LMIS and review meetings
- Support Open LMIS data entry clustering and provide other support as needed;
- Maintain close communication and collaboration with the District MOH to ensure improvements in supply chain and workforce
Qualifications and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in supply chain, pharmacy, public health, or related relevant field with a minimum of three years of relevant work experience.
- Working knowledge and hands-on experience on supply chain programmes as they relate to public health or logistics in Malawi.
- Experience working in team settings, preferably in an international environment.
- Experience working closely with government ministries on complex projects preferred.
- Strong organizational and computer skills including MS Office (proficiency in Word, Power Point, Excel, Access).