Information Technology: systems development, business analysis, architecture, project management, data warehousing, infrastructure, maintenance and production
To provide first level user support across all applications and peripherals at both Branch and Head Office levels to ensure that the relevant systems are functional at maximum efficiency as per SLA requirements. The role is also responsible for carrying out tests and implementing change requests.
- Maintenance, system upgrades and enhancements of integration channels and related peripherals.
- Ensure that the integration channels are performing as per Service Level Agreements.
- Coordinate and implement pricing changes in a timely manner
- Identify and evaluate process, interface and conversion risks and develops controls to adequately mitigate the risks of the implementation
- Documenting the solution design and aid in development and delivery of integration enhancements.
- Create test scripts and drive the integration/regression testing of the solution during ramp of Core Banking System
- Ensure timely provision of MIS reports
- Support and sustain the implemented solution
- Ensure system availability at all times and ensure that any problems are resolved expeditiously in line with the Service Level Agreements between IT and Business/Enabler departments
- Monitor monthly performance of systems and develop action plans to remedy any degradation of service by employing appropriate house-keeping strategies for systems clean ups and other database management activities
- Continuously review operations and procedures, with the aim of streamlining and improving the efficiency thereof.
- Support installations and implementations of software applications in the bank by ensuring thorough testing on the test environment before loading on the production and disaster recovery systems
- Ensure that Disaster Recovery Plans are tested and DRP document
Preferred Qualification and Experience
- Bachelor of Science degree in Computer Science or related field
- Knowledge in Management practices, skills and concepts, administration, project control, supervisory techniques and budgeting
- Be mature and responsible
- Problem solving skills and appreciative of the bank’s core business.
- In depth knowledge of the Database systems SQL, Core Banking System, Programming, etc
- Good knowledge of Oracle and UNIX will be an added advantage
- Three years Technical/Systems Support/Programming experience required
- Three years banking/financial experience preferable