JTI Leaf Malawi
Job ID: 23060
Professional area: Human Resources
Contract type: Permanent
Professional level: Experienced
JTI is a leading international tobacco company with operations in more than 120 countries. We’re the global owner of world-renowned brands such as Winston, the number two cigarette brand in the world, and Camel (outside the US). Our global brands also include Mevius, LD and Natural American Spirit, and we manufacture the internationally recognized Logic e-cigarette brand and Ploom Tech, a major brand in the heated tobacco category.
Headquartered in Geneva, Switzerland, we employ over 45’000 people across the globe. We were recently awarded Global Top Employer for the fifth consecutive year with regional Top Employer Certification in Europe, Asia-Pacific, North America, Africa and the Middle East. This is recognition of our outstanding talent strategy, energizing culture and commitment to learning and development. Our Geneva HQ is Equal-Salary Certified.
We are a member of the Japan Tobacco Group of Companies. For more information visit www.jti.com.
To facilitate JTI Leaf Malawi employees’ development in line with business and talent priorities through the implementation of career development related programs to ensure business results are maximized.
Main Areas of Responsibility
- Assist to analyze and define departmental as well as individual development needs.
- Develop the organizational implementation plan to address existing needs and potential future needs
- In coordination with the Talent Development Manager, identify, align and implement development solutions.
- Facilitate the evaluation of the impact of all development interventions.
- Provide inhouse development opportunities for employees at supervisory level and below considering a variety of development methods
- Coordinate Talent Development Processes, including leveraging technology to enhance employees’ career advancement
- Perform any other duties as may be assigned by line manager from time to time.
Knowledge, Skills, Experience Required
- University Degree.
- Minimum of 2 years in Human Resources in the area of talent management or development.
- Good command of English and Chichewa languages.
- Proficient computer skills (Microsoft Word, Excel, Power Point, Outlook. SAP HR knowledge is an added advantage)