VSO is the world’s leading independent international development organization that works through volunteers to fight poverty in developing countries. Our high-impact approach brings people together to share skills, build capabilities, promote international understanding and action to change lives and make the world a fairer place.
The Team Leader will have overall responsibility for the management and coordination of the Inclusive Education program and provide leadership of the project to achieve sustainable results. He/she will manage and deliver education reform through technical assistance engagement and overseeing the entire reform process within the country.
Skills, qualifications and experience
• A Master’s degree (equivalent) or higher in any area of development, education or related field with significant years of relevant experience.
• Relevant experience in providing technical assistance to drive through national Education reforms, in environments without sector budget support, cognisant of the local political economy into account; Effectively managing pilots and taking the learnings to scale; Good experience in a Capacity-building without undermining existing government structures
• Strong ability to manage and deal with diverse stakeholders
• Demonstrated ability to lead/supervise a diverse team on projects of similar scale (financially, culturally, staff size and activities)
• Experience in leading similar work for donors/USAID/DFID agencies or international NGOs
• Demonstrated strong writing and oral presentation skills in English
• Working through national and international volunteers
VSO is committed to promoting equal opportunities for women and men from different caste, ethnic and religious backgrounds and encourages candidates of diverse backgrounds. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted for interview.
If you’re interested in applying for this role, please download the job description for more information.
To submit your application, click on ‘Make an application’ and complete all relevant fields on the online application form.