Elizabeth Glaser Pediatric AIDS Foundation(EGPAF)
The Elizabeth Glaser Pediatric AIDS Foundation(EGPAF) is the global leader in the fight against pediatric HIV/AIDS and has reached more than 26 million women with services to prevent transmission of HIV to their babies. In 2015 -2016, EGPAF supported activities in 19 countries and nearly 5,000 sites to implement prevention, Care and treatment services; to further advance innovative research; and to execute global advocacy activities that bring dramatic change to the lives of millions of women, children, and families worldwide
EGPAF has worked in Malawi since 2001. Today, EGPAF Malawi implements evidence ‐ based HIV prevention, care and treatment interventions in 179 health facilities in nine districts through funding from U.S. President’s Emergency Plan for AIDS Relief/U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (PEPFAR/CDC) -EGPAF Seeks to fill the following open position.
TITLE: Technical Advisor-Reproductive Health (TARH)
REPORTS TO: Senior Technical Advisor
The Technical Advisor Reproductive Health will lead the design and delivery of cervical cancer prevention and treatment interventions and packages across EGPAF supported clinics. Under the supervision of STA, the TA- RH is responsible for providing coordination, technical, leadership and management support to implementation of high quality cervical cancer prevention and treatment.
Technical Strategy Leadership
Patient Case Management in cervical cancer clinics
- Provide screening, evaluation and treatment for premalignant lesion of the cervix
- Provide basic medical services to patients and to be able to provide referral and linkages with appropriate health facilities and specialties
- Provide support to health care providers on integration of Cervical Cancer preventions programs into existing HIV services in EGPAF’s supported sites implementing Cervical cancer activities
- Give appropriate management for women in need of further services such as treatment of pre-cancers of the cervix with cryotherapy or LEEP and or referral of women with invasive cancer of the Cervix
Scale up of Cervical Cancer in EGPAF supported Clinics and Districts
- The TARH will be responsible for scaling-up of cervical cancer activities in other EGPAF supported sites implementing the cervical cancer program
- Support in the planning, implementation and evaluation of reproductive health service delivery activities in particular cervical cancer integration
Monitoring and Reporting / Evaluations /Knowledge Management
- Participate in the tracking, monitoring and documentation of technical achievement and evaluation of cervical cancer prevention activities in regard to access, quality and service delivery impact in collaboration with partners
- Prepare and submit monthly, quarterly and annual progress reports to EGPAF
- Liaise with counterparts in other EGPAF supported MOH programs, sharing lessons learned and working to strengthen EGPAF supported MOH programs.
- Work in a professional manner and maintain good relationships with site staff, program staff and colleagues in the MOH
- Represent EGPAF in meetings at district and national levels as required
- Participate regularly in all the EGPAF staff and technical meetings.
- Conduct other duties and responsibilities that may be assigned by the senior management team
- Medical Degree (MBBS/MBChB)
- A master’s degree in public health will be an added advantage
- Working in HIV program for a minimum of two years
- Experience in RH issues in the context of HIV and AIDS will be an added advantage
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Demonstrated experience in programs relating to HIV, MNCH and cervical cancer screening
- Have basic gynecological surgical experience
- Good program management, organizational and interpersonal skills.
- Technical expertise in Reproductive Health and HIV/AIDS programs
- Good writing skills and excellent communication skills