I-TECH Malawi has been privileged to provide technical support to the Government of Malawi Ministry of Health (MoH), since 2008, through seconded senior Technical Assistants, Programme Officers and Public Health Fellows. The International Training and Education Center for Health (I-TECH) was established in 2002 at the University of Washington in Seattle. I-TECH is funded by the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention’s Division of Global HIV and TB (CDC-DGHT) under the US President’s Emergency Plan for AIDS Relief (PEPFAR).
I-TECH is implementing a recent HIV infection surveillance project through inclusion of a rapid test for recent infection (RTRI) in routine HIV testing services (HTS) at entry points to monitor epidemiology of recent HIV infections.
Recency results will aid in the identification of individuals who have acquired HIV within the past several months and may be at higher risk of transmitting HIV. This surveillance work can be used to inform HIV programming and improve targeting of prevention activities to sub- populations and locations where high levels of transmission may be occurring.
I-TECH Malawi seeks services of five (5) Temporary Research Assistants (RAs) to work full-time for three (3) weeks to collect, transcribe and translate data assessing the acceptability and feasibility of RTRI to HTS
Scope of services
The specific objectives of the services are:
- Interviewing HTS providers conducting RTRI following the interview guide
- Entering data into the tablet for responses to closed-ended questions on the interview guide
- Recording responses from HIS providers for all qualitative questions
- Transcribing and translating interviews
- Keeping a record of all relevant documents
- Bachelor’s Degree in social sciences or a relevant field
- One to three years research experience (particularly in similar work) preferable
- Previous experience using tablets for data collection
- Excellent command of English and Chichewa (spoken, read and written).
Applications with Curriculum Vitae (CV), three traceable referees and relevant copy certificates should be sent or emailed to the following address:
Human Resources Manager, International Training and Education Centre for Health-(I-TECH-Malawi) ARWA House, City Centre P. 0. Box 30369 LILONGWE 3 Email: email@example.com
Deadline for applications is Friday, 16th August, 2019. Please write the position being applied for in the subject line. Attachments should only be in Ms Word or PDF. Zipped files must NOT be attached. Only shortlisted applicants will be acknowledged
I-TECH Malawi, an equal opportunities employer, appreciates all applications. However, only shortlisted candidates will be acknowledged.
For more information about I-TECH, visit our website: http://www.go2itech. org/